Tools used - was [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bill Gifford's Project

Steven Mills schrieb:

> Some of you veteran builders ; what tools did you end up buying
> initially that you didn't have at the start. What tools did you add on
> along the way during the building process?
>
> --Steve

Hi Steve..

I purchase new and additional to my home-tools :
A new small stick welder, a new commercial MIG welder,
two electric grinder one for fine cut, and one for grinding,
a table drilling machine, some half douzend work lights.
I change the house electric in the basement one one port to
3 phase 380V AC for the welder. All tools designed as
commercial units.

I build :
Two heavy trailers to move the sections, some bigger and smaller
rollers to turn the sections during the welding process.
One open shelter-hangar.

I use additional rent or get temporaly for free:
One shipbuilding hangar about 65 x 200 feet together
with the two hangarcranes each 5 tons. One heavy lorry.
One forklift. One car-trailer to carry heavy goods.

I finished (in 3 years) with grinder plates for some hunder bucks,
3-4 overalls, one set of saftey shoes, two douzend handgloves,
welding wire for some hundert bucks for steel, steel+stainless steel,
stainless steel, one grinder, two driling machines, some
douzend protection glases for the welding harthead etc..etc, etc,
ohh.. and one CAD computer..

For the first two years I have the figures here :
For material : 26000 Dollar
For tools    :  4300 Dollar
For others   :  2700 Dollar

Other items are: sound insulation of the garage, cables, eletric, gas,
fax unit and fax paper, pictures, bier during work etc..

50-60 % is done - regards Carsten