Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bill Gifford's Project

They are rolled and welded (so, yes, they do have a
seam.) The ends are then welded onto the tube. This
is standard practice, and while there may be variation
you can bank on them being built this way.

Warren.

http://www.giffordmarineinc.com/sub/sub_5_16_03/Sub_5_16_03.html