Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] question about Diver Lockout.

It will work in the Euronaut the following way :

Exit hatch on the bottom is closed
Transfer hatch to inside Sub is closed.

Pressurezieds the chamber to ambient with air or heliox according to the
deep.
Check with manometer and ball vale that inside and outside pressure
is really equal.
Open the heavy Bottom exit hatch via hydraulik cylinders.
Dive outside

Go inside, close hatch.

Now we have two ways :

Boat surfaced with chamber still under pressure, during the
decompression time of the
divers the internal pressure of the chamber will be lowered according to
the diver
decompression tabels to the outside atmosphere. This way is normally
only useful with air.
Heliox is to expensive to blow it just in the sky..

so the second way:

Boat surfaced or stay on the bottom - gas from the chamber goes to
bigger emtpty pressure
bottle storage group and expanded to 1 atm. From there via a second pipe
to the compressor
which compress the heliox back in the high pressure storage groups.
This need a longe run time of the compressor - so normally the boats
first surfaced - than
the diesel starts to reload the batteries - than the compressor starts
to reload the
storage bottles.

remarks:
This chamber works only with a bottom hatch which can hold pressure from
both sides.

If the boat is low of pressure in the pressure tanks to blow the dive
tank and still on the
bottom - the chamber (air) gas can be released  slowly to the inside of
the sub - from there
via the compressor to the storage bottles and from there to the
softtanks.

Another way with the chamber under air pressure will be surfacing only
dynamic with the rudders
and than blow the chamber gas on the surface time by time to the
softtanks to surface completly - to safe compressor run time.

There are still some other option what we can do - but in general thats
is.
The chamber will be dry all the time. The sub will be in swimming
condition all the time.

regards Carsten