[PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Acoustics

If any of you are interested in underwater acoustics, and you're in for a
real bargain, then you should seriously consider this book, ref

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220522063935&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

"Buy It Now" : US $9.49

I would not have told you did I not have a copy myself. Highly recommended!

Best regards,
Jens Laland

BOOK TITLE:   Principles And Applications Of Underwater Sound. NAVMAT P-9674.

AUTHOR:    Department Of The Navy Headquarters Naval Material Command.
Washington, DC.

CONTENTS:

    * Basic principles of underwater sound
    * Ideal medium theory
    * Refraction of sound
    * Transmission of sound in the sea
    * Oceanography of sound conditions
    * Echoes, scattering, reverberation
    * Wakes
    * Echo ranging
    * Acoustic output of sonars
    * Target strength and echo level
    * Maximum echo ranges when background noise is limiting and when
reverberation is limiting
    * Listening
    * Acoustic output of ships and submarines
    * Background noise
    * Hearing and recognition
    * Sonic and supersonic listening

CONDITION:   . The book is in good condition inside with cover rubs.