Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] RE: Hydrophones

The Subconn BH4F has a 7/16x20 machine threaded shaft 3/4 inch long. You can either drill a hole and bolt it in place, or thread it into a thru-hull manifold appropriately machined for 7/16x20 threads.

Check PSUBS or Subconn website for detailed info on Connector BH4F. If you can't wait for delivery and use something from a local supplier, I recommend you wire it as per Design Guidelines for Personal Submersibles Section 3.1 at http://www.psubs.org/cgi-bin/guidelines/chapter.cgi/guidelines/PSUBS/DG since David should now be wiring his projects according to the standard as well.

Jon

glen brown wrote:
Thanks David
The problem with the standard thru hull you are suggesting would take in excess of a month to reach me in this part of the world ,is it a skin fitting type or does it also need to be welded in?does one attach it to the C.T or some where else .
Glen SA