RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Lead Plates Removel on K-250 #118

It would be recommended to stay away from the copper-colored anti-seize compounds as Vance notes as accelerated galvanic corrosion will occur between dissimilar metals.  That is why we used molybdenum-based compounds and still use them here on the waterfront with great success.  After 5-years of a liberal application, SS bolts and nuts separate without any galling.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

As scarce as the truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.

    -Josh Billings