[PSUBS-MAILIST] The best geographic place to build a submarine?

Hi,

I'm faced with the possibility that I may have leave my
current location (Santa Cruz, CA.) to look for work.

A side from the employment issues, I'm wondering where
would be a good place to build and operate a submarine?
What makes a good place to build a submarine?
What makes a good place to operate a submarine?

Santa Cruz did seem like a really good place (this is
why I moved there in the first place).  A large area of
clear, interesting and not too deep water (before you drop
off in to Monterey canyon).  Close to several industrial areas
(silicon valley).  The possibility of renting a work space/area
within 15 minutes to 30 minutes travel from my home.  Easy
access to a launch ramp.

I could move to Boston in time of the next PSubs convention?
Europe? South America? UK? India?

Where on Earth would you like to build your submarine and why?

Thanks,
   Ian.