Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The best geographic place to build a submarine?

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Roxborough <irox@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The best geographic place to build a submarine?

> I'm faced with the possibility that I may have leave my
> current location (Santa Cruz, CA.) to look for work.

Funny you should mention this. I was going to ask, too.
A friend of mine who owns property in Florida suggests
I try my prospects there?

Anyone here can give insights to living and working there?
And the cost of living?  Cost of purchase or space rental for
a workshop/loft?

> Santa Cruz did seem like a really good place (this is
> why I moved there in the first place).  A large area of
> clear, interesting and not too deep water (before you drop
> off in to Monterey canyon).  Close to several industrial areas
> (silicon valley).  The possibility of renting a work space/area
> within 15 minutes to 30 minutes travel from my home.  Easy
> access to a launch ramp.

Jeez, how can you afford to rent work space ( near or on the ocean )
in the Bay Area?  I had a small workshop in San Jose and one
shop in SF before the Silicon Valley boom. Both places got
bought out by developers and my rent shot up 1000 percent.
So much for progress......

> I could move to Boston in time of the next PSubs convention?
> Europe? South America? UK? India?

Hmmm, I've been to India...I don't think you want to do this.
South America sounds like a possibility. Costa Rica always
sounded like a good place. Belize, too. No income tax in
Costa Rica or Belize...that's what I've been told.

--Steve