Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Kittredge Motor Housing help

Dan, I'm surprised to hear this since those end caps definitely fit snug when tightened up.  The motor bearings are absorbing all the pressure from the seawater so there shouldn't be enough pressure on the mechanical seal to unwind the end cap.  Harold Maynard's modification (see link) http://www.psubs.org/convention/2003/pics.cgi?pics/k350-2/PDR_0073.JPG is better from a number of perspectives however even though it's not as hydrodynamic.

Jon