Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Kittredge Motor Housing help

Worked a little bit on the starboard motor housing today. The good news is that the aft tank head came off much easier than the other housing and a look inside quickly showed why, virtually no rust at all. This would seem to confirm that the story I read about "leaking motor pods" was true and it was the port forward motor.

See http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567801/k-600strbdfwdmotor/ and compare with http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567801/k-600portfwdmotors/

The bad news, well sort of, is that there's one flat head in the electric motor bracket that won't move even with heat. So I'm off to get an impact wrench. Weather man says we've got 6-10 inches of snow on the way tonight so I'd like to remove the starboard motor before all that happens.

Jon