RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS 2010 Convention Update

What a simple and neat idea. It hadn't occurred to me, and I don't recall the Nuytco guys doing that last year either, though maybe I just didn't notice. Anyway, I'm glad there's 4 buoys, we've just found a use for the full set.

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of vbra676539@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 12:34 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS 2010 Convention Update

Alec,

Buoy lines need a stand-off float, perhaps 3 to 5 feet above the submarine, then a surface buoy. The stand-off will hold the line out of the way and keep it clear of thruster entanglements. It is also essential to use poly rope, not nylon. Poly is neutral in seawater. Nylon is negative. Neutral is easier to manage for obvious reasons.

Vance