From: Smyth, Alec <Alec.Smyth@compuware.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, May 26, 2010 1:57 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS 2010 Convention Update

I'm in, assuming I can get the sub finished in time. If we're lucky enough to get flat calm conditions I would love to try outside dives, but with this protected spot at least we're assured the chance to dunk the subs and give some rides. Now... I've got to finish the boat first of course. I'm working on it like crazy. Both inside and outside paint jobs are finished, and I'm in assembly mode, but some significant parts still need to be built. This should be exciting as I expect to finish the boat at the convention marina five minutes before the first dive, and the convention dives will be sea trials. Better pack lots of duct tape.

May I suggest the next logical step? That's to try and enlist some of the folks who don't participate much on the email list but do have operational subs. Back in 2006 we had a convoy of Michigan subs who took a very long drive and doubled our attendance. They trundled in all in a line, saving the event. This drive is even longer, but there's the sea at the end of it instead of a lake. I'm talking about Kyle, Gary Boucher, Gary Sluis, Les, Dan Brewer, Dan H, maybe even Pierre. I'm sure I'm forgetting some of you. Jon, I have phone numbers or emails for most of those guys... d'you want them?

:)

Alec