Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] my optronic mast idea with sketch

I was just wondering about this problem of condensation myself after noticing a picture on Emile's KSS / Garabaldi wreck photo album of the camera man wiping the inside of the main viewport with a towel to (presumably) get rid of the condensation. I've done some poking around and found that a good figure for calculating water output of the occupants is about 50 ml / hr per person, higher if the occupants are "stressed". That's about 1.7 US fluid ounces / hr. per person for our non-metric friends. I also found a solid-state dehumidifier product that might be suitable to modify and perhaps put in line with a CO2 scrubber. It draws 72 watts and can run on 12 volt power. It will pull out 20 oz. of water a day from air that is 86º F and 80% RH. I don't have any idea how that translates to performance in the temperatures and RH conditions common in a Psub. Does anyone out there know how to calculate that? The product is the EDV 2200 which can be seen at

http://www.eva-dry.com/images/products_2200.jpg

The MSRP is $119.95 US but it seems to retail on other sites for around $70.00.

I suppose that a canister of silica gel in line with the scrubber is probably better from a power consumption point of view.

Paul