Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Condensation in a psub

I have to admit that my mail also, was related to the current topic on how
to reduce relative humidity within a personal submarine (i.e. to improve
general human comfort). At the same time, we also seem to be concerned
about how to discard its more temporal consequence of condensed water
accumulating in the bilge.

So, the discussion has turned out to be rather entertaining... but let us
not, therefore, reduce this humidity problem to something as trivial as a
few cans of spilled beer on an otherwise perfect dive.

There is a rather serious side to this problem of condensation, and that
is moisture in places you can't possibly spot: places like inside
electrical switch gears, electronic gadgets, instruments, computers,
etc... and some of this equipment may even be monitoring the safety of
both crew and craft.

It may very well be that the majority of casual diving operations
performed with a personal submarine will not provoke much problems with
any of its electrical enclosures - but that is no guarantee that no
problems will ever occur.

What if it eventually turns out to be the impressive, laptop based single
sideband underwater telephone system that goes on strike when you need it
the most, being stuck on bottom?

Best regards,
Jens Laland

** Or maybe a small bucket and a sponge.