RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Condensation in a psub

Alan,

In the States, our hardware stores have tubs of pelletized desiccant available.  These have been placed in a sock–like mesh container after the scrubber material in rebreathers to lower the humidity level of the breathed air.  You need some moisture in the air for the scrubber’s chemical reaction to function properly.  No need to go to nappies (besides some have irritating freshening scents added that can be VERY cloying in the confined space of a PSUB).

R/Jay

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alan James
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 2:23 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Condensation in a psub

Hi Frank,

I look after my elderly Mother.

She has these disposable nappies. I just checked one & they can hold

2&1/2 liters of water. You could cut two holes in them & put them over your head.

This would trap any exhaled moisture.( What award category does this invention come under?)

I was thinking of cutting out round sections of these & placing them in line with my CO2 scrubber.

There would need to be at least an inch gap between them & the exhaust of the scrubber as they

turn to a jelly & wouldn't let the air through. I get them free & they are probably cutting technology

for absorbing moisture.

Alan