Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Condensation in a psub

Or maybe a small bucket and a sponge.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Laland <laland@artematrix.org>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sun, Feb 7, 2010 3:12 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Condensation in a psub

Just an idea:

What about making an apparatus with a certain "family resemblance" to a
CO2 scrubber, but using regular bentonite dry clay instead of soda lime in
this one.

Bentonite (sodium montmorillonite) is actually capable of obtaining 12
times it's own volume of water during swelling.

Best regards,
Jens Laland

** Alan,
**
** In the States, our hardware stores have tubs of pelletized desiccant
** available.  These have been placed in a sock-like mesh container after the
** scrubber material in rebreathers to lower the humidity level of the
** breathed
** air.  You need some moisture in the air for the scrubber's chemical
** reaction
** to function properly.  No need to go to nappies (besides some have
** irritating freshening scents added that can be VERY cloying in the
** confined
** space of a PSUB).
**
** R/Jay