Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] N Y Power Authority

I used to be amazed when I would watch videos of teams of divers doing
underwater cave penetrations for miles using DPVs.  That was before I had
access to one.  Now, with a 2km "penetration" under ice on a recreational dive
under my belt, I've come to realize that the speed really lets you cover a lot
of ground in a short period of time, and that other than dealing with the
normal risks (managing overheads, battery, line, gas, etc.), going further
really only entails holding onto the trigger longer.  Vance is right.  When
diving, I have a compensated overboard urine discharge because my suit is at
ambient pressure, so hunger is really the limiting factor.  Long missions in a
1 atm boat have their own challenges.

-Sean