From: "Phil Nuytten" <phil@philnuytten.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:42:38 To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] N Y Power Authority Yipes!!! "created mainly for tea-bagging"? Au contraire, Rick . . .the trusty ol' DW flies straight as an arrow in the hands of one with more than a few minutes of stick-time - as evidenced by the very large number of miles of cables and pipelineswe've flown and video'd and the miles of scientific transsects carried out for various government departments of Fisheries, etc! Regarding 'streamlining' - at the low speeds we operate, 2 knots or so, a hydrodynamically streamlined fairing is not a requirement and would simply add extra weight for which we would to compensate with syntactic foam - which would increase the in-air weight, and so on. For example: during a five year contract with NOAA, the DW 's surveyed all 13 of the US National Marine Sanctuaries, mapped them and did critter surveys - all carried by some of the 300+ scientists that we've trained as DeepWorker pilots - I never heard a single complaint about the subs ability to maintain a dead steady course. Likewise. our current 5 year contract with NASA and the Canadian Space Agency. Go to Youtube and enter 'DeepWorker' and watch 'em fly!
Regards
Phil
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick & Marcia" <empiricus@telus.net>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] N Y Power Authority

Phil . . .

Is their some trick or device that allows for long-distance yaw control in
DW?

From what I experienced (and observed from its design), DW was created
mainly for tea-bagging.  A shroud or empennage maybe?

Rick in Vancouver

From: "Phil Nuytten" <phil@philnuytten.com>

". . .  - we went 31/2 miles in
with 'DeepWorker', now looking at a 7 mile hop - then 15 miles . .

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53
Weare, NH  03281

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53
Weare, NH  03281

ު笵çr¢êÞqè¯zg¬±¨±úèš‹«¢¸ž,Ú¶*'!ü¨»§¶Úz·¦¢÷?~º&¶¬™¨¥Šx%ŠËlŠjeÉÉbrJ'¶¥ŠyzZ0¢»?Ö›•©äzf¢–g¬±¨¶ŠÞš‹Þ™ê^®Ê'j[.ng«²&åzÊl¹»(®^š‹Ú–‡ò¢êÞ™¨¥i×kzË®‰­†+&j)bž	b²Úrêìo&§jëh™«^všèqë,jwl†‹¥u·œ¢jez×°ŠØb?ø¯zh§º×¬¡ú.®Ç«½êëyÇ¢¾)àÊ‹«­ê®zËOI@R9?81çužj·?Möó^´ß?½×]4