From: "Phil Nuytten" <phil@philnuytten.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:42:38
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] N Y Power Authority

Yipes!!! "created mainly for tea-bagging"? Au contraire, Rick . . .the
trusty ol' DW flies straight as an arrow in the hands of one with more than
a few minutes of stick-time - as evidenced by the very large number of miles
of cables and pipelineswe've flown and video'd and the miles of scientific
transsects carried out for various government  departments of Fisheries,
etc!
Regarding 'streamlining' - at the low speeds we operate, 2 knots or so,  a
hydrodynamically streamlined fairing is not a requirement and would simply
add extra weight for which we would to compensate with syntactic foam -
which would increase the in-air weight, and so on.
For example: during a five year contract with NOAA, the DW 's surveyed all
13 of the US National Marine Sanctuaries, mapped them and did critter
surveys - all carried by some of the 300+ scientists that we've trained as
DeepWorker pilots - I never  heard a single complaint about the subs ability
to maintain a dead steady course.
Likewise. our current 5 year contract with NASA and the Canadian Space
Agency. Go to Youtube and enter 'DeepWorker' and watch 'em fly!
Regards
Phil