[PSUBS-MAILIST] When is a new design OK to be used on Persubs in General?

So how many times, for how long does a design need to be tested before it's considered ok in general by PSUBS.org?  Do we go by the ABS testing requirements? Or ASME?

You can always say well ya it worked for 1000 dives, but I won't even consider it until it's been on a dozen different boats for 20 years in all kinds of temperatures, and heavy use, and worked flawlessly as it was first conceived.  If people only use the old stand bys we would stagnate, wouldn't we?

Regards,

Szybowski