Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:53 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Original KL-250 Blown Dome Specs

Glen,

There is only one regulator I know of that will function maybe to this depth.  Poseidon made a special regulator for regulator testing and it has been used for the very deep tech dives such as Sheck Exley made in South Africa and others on the WW I German battleships off of Virginia.  The air in a cylinder that passes through a regulator at 60 bar is very ?thick? (much higher density) and does not like to go through a typical regulator plus you have to worry more about icing of the regulator.  I have experienced issues with the seating material and parts of the piston in a regulator when running them at pressures higher than they were intended for.  You might consider using the Poseidon regulator (if it is still available, Poseidon in Sweden has went through some management changes since I last dealt with them) or adapt a regulator that is manufactured for these pressures to a scuba tank yoke.

R/Jay

Resepectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas