RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Escape from sub

Hi Jon,  That I think is a great point about over-generalization to put everyone in one category.  Perhaps as ones health changes they should seriously consider diving only in areas they feel they could do a wet exit from, and/or have the type of sub and surface support that can more easily deal with what they might likely find in that area. I very much like the idea of two subs diving together, in a buddy system, like SCUBA divers like to do. It would be even better if both subs have a good manipulator or two on each sub to help free the other.

Of course having a solid sub that is designed with a number of options for getting back to the surface with out having to do a wet exit, I feel is a good plan. Perhaps having one or more wet exit training subs for those that wish to practice to what they and others feel they can handle with quality support, might save some lives in the future. Perhaps even mine.

To start one might practice on the procedures on dry land in the sub, and after passing that and a academic test. Then on to real flooding of the sub with just a garden hose on dry land, so they can see how they need to move in a flooded sub. Then on to the say a 20 to 30 foot depth with clear water and a gravel bottom with a number of safety divers.

Beyond that we will need to formula a plan.  But that should be a good start, and there is much work to do to get to even that point.

I can see how a even more basic sub then mine like the Captians UEM K-250 with no batteries and other electronics that I'm aware of , could easily be made into a wet exit training sub.  I hope one of you guys got it off ebay today.

Regards,

Szybowski