RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] escape from sub

Alan,

You will never get a chance to take a breath off of it on ascent as it will be pulling you too fast.  In addition, you don’t want to take a breath on a speedy ascent…if you did, you would probably rupture a lung.  The Brits who did the ascents from 600+ ft. went up all of the way with only their initial breath at the bottom.  You should be exhaling almost continuously on the way up.  Our Navy has you saying HO-HO-HO all of the way to the surface.

R/Jay

Resepectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas