From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Buoyancy Options During Escape
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 06:24:51 -0400

Brent,

You want the collapsibility of a typical horse-collar of buoyancy control vest to be able to get out of the sub with it on, then inflate once outside or standing in the con clear of all potential snags.  Nothing is gained by going to Kevlar or carbon fiber wrapping a tank.  Firemen use this type of tank to decrease weight due to all the equipment they must carry in a trying environment.  In the water a regular aluminum or steel tank is neutral or near neutrally buoyant.  Depending on your set-up inside your PSUB, you may want the tank stowed inside so you have something to breath off of until flooded down and out side of the sub.

Both of your solution add quite a bit additional cost and do not simplify the escape evolution.  KISS!

R/Jay