From: Jon Wallace <jonw@psubs.org>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 9:15 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Semi-submersible drug subs

Hi Frank,

Lots of good points in your email to Juergen. We already have some things in place that I think apply to concerns you've raised, the one below in particular. Our Operating Guidelines for Personal Submersibles ( http://www.psubs.org/guidelines/PSUBS ) has Chapter 2, Section 2 (1), deals with communications. We require at least one marine band radio for surface communications. One of the nice things about the PSUBS guidelines is that we have set up a process where the community can submit proposals for additions, changes, and deletions. When we receive proposals, we draft them into an RFC (Request For Comment) and publish them. Then the rest of the community is provided an opportunity to comment on the proposal for a period of 30-45 days, after which a decision is made on the proposal. On the webpage link provided above, you'll find links to proposals and adoptions that we've made. I encourage anyone who has an idea that will promote both safety and self-regulation to take advantage of this system, since if nothing else it does show potential regulators that we are at least attempting to be responsible.

Jon