Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Semi-submersible drug subs

Hi Frank,

Lots of good points in your email to Juergen. We already have some things in place that I think apply to concerns you've raised, the one below in particular. Our Operating Guidelines for Personal Submersibles ( http://www.psubs.org/guidelines/PSUBS ) has Chapter 2, Section 2 (1), deals with communications. We require at least one marine band radio for surface communications. One of the nice things about the PSUBS guidelines is that we have set up a process where the community can submit proposals for additions, changes, and deletions. When we receive proposals, we draft them into an RFC (Request For Comment) and publish them. Then the rest of the community is provided an opportunity to comment on the proposal for a period of 30-45 days, after which a decision is made on the proposal. On the webpage link provided above, you'll find links to proposals and adoptions that we've made. I encourage anyone who has an idea that will promote both safety and self-regulation to take advantage of this system, since if nothing else it does show potential regulators that we are at least attempting to be responsible.

Jon

ShellyDalg@aol.com wrote:
If, for instance, we agreed as a group to carry a radio tuned into the right frequency, or had a beacon type device that identified each boat and it's location, or maybe had a set of procedures set and published that we as a group followed when using our boats for recreation. Something that the authorities could feel that they have the ability to communicate with us without having to send out the navy or what ever, basically making us a "non-threat".