RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Side Thruster Removal on K-250 #118

Here is one picture I had not uploaded before of the interior of the starboard thruster. You can see the wires coming out of the SS tube that is welded to the main housing. The gray silver paint was in bad shape.

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Electrical%20Thru%20Hull%20Wiring/DSCN7139.JPG

Szybowski

From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:05:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Side Thruster Removal on K-250 #118
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi Brent. Your sub was built a long time ago, and I'm sure the available paints have gotten better since then. The grey paint is probably a zinc rich coating if it's still in good shape after all these years. I have some paint called "zincalate" that we used all the time when I was working and it lasts many years. I have a friend who used it on a small metal ladder for his live aboard sail boat, and it was still good after 5 years, submerged in salt water for long periods. It's not cheap, but works. Will you be doing your own sand blasting? I'm not at that stage yet, but will probably rent a blaster when the time comes. Brian from Ojai may want to get together with us when you visit. He's building a concrete sub. Frank D.