[PSUBS-MAILIST] Master Blaster

Frank,  I meant to also say that I'll be blasting all the old paint off completely when all the hull welding is done.  For now I'm just blasting the original  weld beads and rusty areas to better see what needs to be done, and weld up those freshly blasted areas that need it.  Then I'll just stray on some cheap rattle can primer to keep things cleaned up some, until I'm done all the hull welding, and a number of the guys have done and are doing.

Your Rattle Can King

Szybowski

From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:05:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Side Thruster Removal on K-250 #118
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi Brent. Your sub was built a long time ago, and I'm sure the available paints have gotten better since then. The grey paint is probably a zinc rich coating if it's still in good shape after all these years. I have some paint called "zincalate" that we used all the time when I was working and it lasts many years. I have a friend who used it on a small metal ladder for his live aboard sail boat, and it was still good after 5 years, submerged in salt water for long periods. It's not cheap, but works. Will you be doing your own sand blasting? I'm not at that stage yet, but will probably rent a blaster when the time comes. Brian from Ojai may want to get together with us when you visit. He's building a concrete sub. Frank D.