Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Side Thruster Removal on K-250 #118

Hi Brent. Your sub was built a long time ago, and I'm sure the available paints have gotten better since then. The grey paint is probably a zinc rich coating if it's still in good shape after all these years. I have some paint called "zincalate" that we used all the time when I was working and it lasts many years. I have a friend who used it on a small metal ladder for his live aboard sail boat, and it was still good after 5 years, submerged in salt water for long periods. It's not cheap, but works. Will you be doing your own sand blasting? I'm not at that stage yet, but will probably rent a blaster when the time comes. Brian from Ojai may want to get together with us when you visit. He's building a concrete sub. Frank D.