Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Side Thruster Removal on K-250 #118

In a message dated 1/28/2009 3:58:46 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, brenthartwig@hotmail.com writes:
http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Paint%20and%20Primer%20Issues
Hi Brent. Ya, Brian's a good guy, and it should be fun for the three of us to get together. Maybe if the timing is right we can see the new concrete sub Ian's getting too. I can hardly wait to see that.
The zinc paint I spoke of is a good product, but maybe an epoxy based material with added zinc would be better. This is something Jim K. can comment on as he uses industrial paints in his business all the time.
The zincalate I have needs to be continuously stirred when sprayed because of the heavy zinc content. I think it's like 90% zinc, with a little binder. Very heavy.
Your heads look good under the paint, and I'm hoping the sand blasting operation will get them ready with little additional work. I'll be renting a blaster from the local guys. It's really not expensive. See ya soon, Frank D.