Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery pod. (question for Dan H.)

Hi Akins,

hopefully your sub would not have deal with something as hard as a
hammer hit during submerged operations, and I'm sure it's a lot
easier to exit a wet sub if needed compared to a 1ATM sub.  But
during the launch and recovery phases of the submarines operation
it will be a lot easier to generate the types of forces need to
crack the PVC.  Might be something worth considering during the
trailering process design.  Or maybe you could use either GRP
farings to protect them or cover the cylinders in a layer of GRP.

Ian.