Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery pod. (question for Dan H.)

Hi guys!

Well, it's not a matter of: is PVC better then steel... You see, I have enough skills as a machinist to build the pod myself in steel at very low cost. That is why i prefer steel. It's only a personal preference. That said, the real question I have in my head is, will I crack my batteries or not if i pressure compensate the pod? Be it in steel, PVC, wood, etc... My opinion is that since the is an amount of air INSIDE the battery case, I think the case will be stressed the same as if it was empty. And since it's a square plastic box, the resistance is not too great.

I may be wrong. And I would love to be wrong. It would be much easyer to pressure compensate the pod then build it to resist the pressure.

Anybody have a though about that?

Pierre Poulin
Québec Canada