Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Check Lists

Thanks Carsten,

[ any pics of that sonarglider? I'll have to do a search ]

I am not surprised with Euronaut's checklist and I can appreciate being
meticulous with maintaining a discipline with her.

I came across another interesting bit of info in a book on maritime law I
bought
last year.  There was a section on submarines and research subs. I am
paraphrasing here, but essentially it says, when entering the territorial
limits
of a sovereign country, the submarine must surface and raise colors. The
colors being a flag of country of origin or registry. It also indicates
that if there
be a ship's flag or burgee that it be raise below the flag of origin. [
something
like Cousteau's "Calypso" which I believe had her own flag? ]
Now, I'm not saying you're planning a tans-Atlantic cruise, though it
seems
with the proper support vessel, you could?, and the Euronaut would be
capable
of extended coastal cruises. [ again, with support vessel ]
Does the Euronaut have it's own banner?

And a personal opinion:  I've known general aviation pilots, who, if they
invited
me to fly second seat or as passenger, I would refuse.  Their skills
aren't in
question...just their lack of safety protocols, which, "actually" are
part of one's skills.
 [ and I'm not talking about aerobatics ]   However,  after being on this
forum for
quite awhile, I would trust any of the builders/pilots with my life.  We
are a different
breed are we not ?!  : )

--Steve