Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Check Lists

Good article William,

It seems gov'ts in general have this problem with disclosure especially
when it affects public health and safety.  ie: the recent fingerpointing
with
us and the Canadians [ in the past with the Brits' ] about mad cow.
HEY!...how
about quit playing the blame game and telling us peons how we can protect
ourselves!!!  However, statistics showed that McDonalds and Burger King
sales went up during this period, so maybe "we" are that stupid. Unless,
all this is "tail wagging dog" and we're being fooled....?

Getting back on track, what prompted the topic : "checklist" was a
documentary
on the History Channel on the sinking of the S-5
Apparently, a main air intake was overlooked and not secured. Which
points out
that even the best trained serving on sophisticated-designed submarines
can
screw up.

What Russian sub sank recently because the hatch was not secured?

--Steve

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:44:30 -0600 William Alford <walford@dbtech.net>
writes:
> At 11:30 AM 3/14/2004 +0100, Carsten Standfuss wrote:
> >On boad of Euronaut will be also a maintance manual
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/164710_missile13.html  "It might
> not have
> been a "broken arrow" nuclear missile accident, but a mishap that
> damaged a
> Bangor Trident submarine ballistic missile and was kept under wraps
> by the Navy
> until this week threatens broken trust on an international scale."
> -- I guess they shoulda had a checklist as well.
>
> William Alford

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!