[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Speaking of youngsters and dive physiology in general

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:18:47 -0400 Erik Muller  writes:
>Mike (and Chris)
>Do you guys install in your submarines a 'deadmans handle', or something

>of the sort, whereby constant (or frequent) contact is necessary or the
>sub will automatically surface? Perhaps I am misunderstanding the
>condition, but is such a thing warranted?

Any such control would be useful on any small sub, I would think.

To what extent would it be useful for an epileptic?   That depends
on the pattern of seizures.   I've not had one since 1972, so I'm
not going to take the problem seriously at all.

Mike

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!