Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Other replica ideas (was: Group support...or is that "Support Group"?)

Michael B Holt schrieb:

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:30:10 -0800 (PST) Dewey Mason writes:
> >
> >I love the lines of the biber, and it seems to be the
> >most open to a good "modernazation", but I am open to
> >all kinds of suggestions. Who has pics of the other
> >midgets, and or specs for them?
>
> Did anyone ever give any thought to a Kaiten?    No conning
> tower, lots of length for batteries: good characterisitics for
> replica-builders.   The shortest Kaiten was the first version
> at 38 feet, 4 inches long.  (The later versions were 54 feet
> long.) They were a bit limited in operations, also.
>
> The Italians built the CA subs.   CA-1 and CA-2 were 32 feet
> long,  and CA-3 and CA-4 were 34 feet long.  Compared to
> the German  small submarines, the Italian boats lacked the
> image of purpose.  I don't find them interesting at all.
>
> Does anyone know anything about small Russian boats?  The
> smallest I know about right now are the "M" boats.    They
> weren't very small, in truth: they were just smaller than most
> other operational submarines at the time.

There is at least one from WWII "Pigmey" with a really great shape,
simmilar to a Seehund but a little greater and with a very nice shape.
About 19ts and a crew of four.

http://www.milparade.com/1999/31/066.htm

regards Carsten