Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS

I think I read somewhere that the longer a boat is, the faster it can be
driven... apparently there is some sort of theoretical barrier that prevents
a surface ship from exceeding a certain speed related to wave dynamics and
how its length fits into the equation or something.  This is why some
submarines are capable of faster speeds underwater than when running on the
surface.

Of course, I am not an engineer by any stretch, so this may be just so much
junk science.