[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: An Idea for a PSUB Periscope

Gary,

If you make some JPEGs of your periscope, I'd like to see them too. (Or if you're willing, they might make useful additions to the website...)

I'm particularly curious about what kind of stalk or tube or strut or whatever you use to attach this contraption to the sub. I wonder, if that thing was metal and in the cool water while the camera is sticking out, if it could be used to heat-sink for the camera. Or does the acrylic dump heat well enough (you mentioned it being pretty insulative)?

Also, what did you use to attach the flat faceplace to the housing tube?

Oh, and also -- are there any air spaces left inside the camera housing when it's all done? It sounded like your heat-sink tube took up that space, but if there's little pockets of air is that a problem once it's under pressure?

--
David
Osage MN USA