Re: (fwd)wet sub for sale

> >1. Is it appropiate to advertise a psub for sale on the group?

I wouldn't object.

> >2. What if someone dies in a psubs they purchased through advertising on
> >   psubs, any liablility to psubs?

Psubs would simply be a means of advertising the item.  Can we be sued?  I
think you can sue anybody for anything these days so technically the answer
is 'yes'.  However, there is precedent through court decisions that holds the

author of messages distributed throughout the Internet liable for actions
resulting from their message.  ISP's and web hosting providers have not been
held liable for supplying a means of advertising items for sale or trade.
Think
of it this way, if you buy a car through private sale after seeing an
for it in the newspaper, is the newspaper sued if the car crashes and kills
the
new owner because the old owner didn't sell it with brakes installed?

> >3. Any comments?

Before we did this, it might be a good idea to formally adopt some PSUBS
structure so there would be less questioning about whether anyone
"officially" associated with PSUBS endorsed any sales.

We have a lawyer somewhere in this list.  Perhaps he will lend us his
opinion on the matter.  (unofficially of course)  :)

Jon