Re: intro and suggestion on hydrogen venting

Welcome to the group Vance!

One comment on internal batteries....I agree that Maintenance Free
batteries
don't really get around the hydrogen since they have no provisions for
recombining the hydrogen generated during charging.  Also, even though
they are supposedly sealed,
they still have a relief valve to vent gas.

What is your opinion about AGM or Gell batteries?  These batteries are
supposed to
recombine the hydrogen with the oxygen to form water that's cycled back
into the
electrolyte (either the gel or glass mat).  I intend to use these
batteries in my
sub (internally) but will also vent the interior during charging as an
added safety
factor.

Al Secor

--
Al Secor  ARS: WA3PWX  Scuba Instructor SSI DCSI 5528
http://people2.clarityconnect.com/webpages6/wrkdiver