intro and suggestion on hydrogen venting

Evening all,
	I'm a new guy to the group with a K-350 and some experience in
commercial submersible operations (including a couple of dozen dives in one
of Phil N's subs before he bought it).  I have a significant library on
submersibles and operations, so if I can be of any help as a resource then
feel free to ask--I'll try to answer.
	Was talking {emailing) Jon Shawl who had responded to some questions
of mine, which brought to mind internal batteries.  I have some experience
with them, too, as well as first hand knowledge of what happens when someone
makes an error in judgement.  Jon charges his batteries with the hatch open
and a with a fan blowing.  I would like to remind one and all that AC fans
make sparks, too, and if they make them at the wrong time .... well, you
know.  Bang!  I would suggest using something like bilge blowers (12 volt and
available from any marine supply catalogue) which can be piped in from
outside through flex hose, supplying fresh air to the charging area and
forcing enough circulation to get the Hydrogen out the stack (conning tower).
 Hydro caps are pricey and can be poisoned if the battery is tipped far
enough to wet the catalyst, but are absolutely essential for operational
safety.  Maintenance free batts ain't what they are cracked up to be, and
vent hydrogen anyway, so plan on the H-caps as part of the expense, bite the
bullet, and stay in one piece awhile longer.
Happy psubbing,
Vance Bradley