Re: more about Fuel Cells Technology

> In my previous message, I erroneously wrote NaOH2 instead of NaH. The "waste" from the
> processed powerballs is NaOH

    Hmmm.....scrubber.  :-)  A clever person could use the waste NaOH for
the life support system.

> The potential energy stored in 1 gallon of NaH (if 100% conversion efficiency)=11.2KWH
> The current PEM fuel cells are rated to about 60% efficiency which means 6.7KWH of available
> electric power from one gallon of NaH.

    What would a small fuel cell cost?  The technology sounds very
promising, but it always comes back to money.  :-)  For that matter, could
one be home-built?

> But for p-subs there still exists a problem in handling "potential" emissions of gaseous
> hydrogen in a closed environment with a potentially high concentration of oxygen and several
> potential sources for sparks.

    I believe the hydrogen-oxygen catalysts currently used for batteries
could do the job.