Re: Psubers in So Cal ?

Hi everyone.  I've been on this list for about 6 weeks now "listening" to
the dialogue.  What a great group!  I surfed the Net for two or three years
looking for info on p-subs before becoming aware of this group.  It's
amazing how relieving it is to find out that I'm not the ONLY one thinking
about P-subs.  Friends and family have suffered through my interest and
discussion of the subject for several years now and I'm just happy to find
a group of compatriots.  Specific to Alan's question, I had a thought that
may have been discussed before, but I'll bring it up anyway.  I'm a pilot
flying a Piper Cherokee Six and have been interested for years in building
a kitplane using composites.  As I'm sure many of you know, there's a very
large national organization called the Experimental Aircraft Association
(EAA) which, among other things, sponsors the Oshkosh, WI fly-in in late
July every year.  This group thrives because of its many chapters in each
state.  Wouldn't such an organizational structure be of even more value to
p-subbers given the difficult and expensive construction and operational
process involved?   I live just outside Philadelphia, PA and would love to
meet with anyone else within reasonable driving distance to possibly
collaborate on a two-man sub.  I imagine that there are other locations
where P-subbers may live fairly close to each other and could collaborate
or simply share info and that this group could form EAA-like chapters to
cultivate this process.  Obviously the meeting of minds in cyberspace
accomplishes this to a degree, but there's no substitute for a helping hand
when you have a difficult portion of the sub to construct or someone else
to simply share the cost and the operational duties.  Just a thought.....
Best regards - Steve Buerkle.