Hatch Safety?

I have noticed that many PSUB designs latch the hatch :) from the inside only.  They cannot be opened from the outside.  I assume that this poses a safety risk to the operator, in case of emergency rescue.

One, is there a reasonable PSUB way to latch the hatch such that it can be opened from both sides?

Two, sci fi movies and books often use "explosive bolts" to blow a hatch.  Are explosive bolts available to Joe Friendly Homebuilder?

Three, does it really matter, since there will most likely not be a successful emergency rescue?

I would appreciate all comments, and I FULLY understand that my life is my own responsibility, and that nobody else wants to assume any liability.

Thanks,
Paul Julius
Crazy student psubber wannabe