Materials/parts...

 Today I recieved a package from Kittredge Industries, I was really impressed
by the design, it seems very straight forward and no nonsense!  He sells
blueprints to build the subs, but where would you get the Steel tank that they
use for a hull??  Before I commit to ordering blueprints I was wondering how
hard it is to get parts.  Seems that most of them would be available at a
Pumbing/Gas/welding supply house?  Is this on the right track or are there
better places?