Re: I DOUBLE CHECKED THEM! DIRECTIONAL THRUSTERS

At 06:29 PM 98/10/14 -0700, you wrote:
>Good news guys !!!
>
>I talked to Don again, he says, "NO MODIFICATIONS, JUST REMOVE THE "PIPE"
THAT RUNS
>FROM THE MOTOR TO THE SPEED AND DIRECTION CONTROLLER, AND RE TAP IT FOR AN
ELECTRICAL
>PENETRATER" AND THATS IT.
>
>Once more, this is an EVINRUDE, 24V, 36 POUND THRUST TROLLING MOTOR. Cost:
about
>$225.00
>depth tested 700 ft.

this sounds great.... I have a question about this thrust thing.. My sub is
about 11 feet long, and will displace about 6500-7000 lbs of water(not
finalized yet).. My question, how much thrust will I need ..??  I know it
depends on the shape of the sub etc, but I want to be able to travel about
6 knots max (just enough to get out of some mild currents) and regular
cruse will be 2-3 knots...so what are some experiences out there on how
much thrust???

Bill>