Re: Question?

Rick,
   Water is not restricted here.  As a matter of fact where I have the sub,
in my aircraft hangar, they have city water and it is no extra cost.
However, here in Louisiana the water is above 80 degrees and the sub is
inside from the sun anyway.  Much of the heat that you will experience
comes not so much from the hull but from your own body heat as you work.
When I first get inside my sub it is not that unpleasant but after a few
minutes the reflected heat and the increase in the inside air temp and the
lack of ventilation makes it MUCH hotter.  I have found that fans do help
but they are limited because there is no though flow.  Strangly, the best
relief is found when I take a shop vac to clean up sand or debris.  It
draws new air into the hull and really cools things down.

Gary Boucher

At 02:05 AM 8/13/98 -0700, you wrote:
>> Small subs also get hot when you are working inside.  This is true even
>
>> on many Winter days here in Louisiana.  I can only take about 20 minutes at
>> the most this time of year.  Your body heat gets reflected back and the air
>> gets hotter as you work.  When I get out into our 100 degree weather it
>> feels cool!  All of this could be made easier and construction time reduced
>> if systems could be worked on outside as a module and then slipped inside
>> and the end cap bolted on.  Of course this would require the correct
>> engineering expertise to design an end that does not leak and is save.
>>
>> Gary Boucher
>
>Hi, all - a quick note, Gary: do you have water restrictions in your area?
 Why not avoid the