Re: Question? (and specs)

Martin Sanderse wrote:

> Alan D. Secor wrote:
> >
> > More interior room than what?  A Steel hull?  I don't see how.

If the steel hull has exterior bracing, which, by the way, usually doubles as a support framework for
peripherals, then, no, there is no real advantage space wise.  Except for the unusual built-in spaces
that can be easily formed by cutting ply sections.  Steel equivalent would be a nightmare in cost and
execution.

IMHO, ply offers a much greater playground for creative work.  I'd even like to plagiarize some of the
Star Wars space ship designs and see what happens - unmanned testing, of course.

> BTW, I
> > think
> > you said you knew of an actual design that used this method...any
> > references?
>
> Yes actually;
>
> >From "Manned Submersibles" by Busby

Thanks, Martin.  That's where I saw the reference all those years ago.  Has a cute picture, if I
remember correctly.

And, yes, do continue with the details if you have time.

--
Rick Lucertini
in Vancouver, Canada

"To a rational being it is the same thing to act according to nature and according to reason."

    Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, 121 - 180 a.d.