Re: Question? (and specs)

Alan D. Secor wrote:

> More interior room than what?  A Steel hull?  I don't see how.  BTW, I
> think
> you said you knew of an actual design that used this method...any
> references?

Yes actually;

>From "Manned Submersibles" by Busby

Submanaut
9.5 feet long
beam 4.2 feet
4.75 high
3.ft draft
2.75 tons dry
200 foot operating depth
collapse depth 2000 feet
launched 1963
hatch diameter 16.5 inches
24 man hours life support
power 3.5 kwh
speed 1.1 knots for 4 hours cruise  , 1.6 for 2 hours
1 pilot, one observer
payload 1200 pounds

elliptically shaped pressure hull, majot axis 96 inches, minor axis 42 inches, 128 rings
of .75 inch plywoodbonded togehter.  The radial thickness is 4 inches plus .75 inches
fibreglass for a total of 4.75 inches.  hatch of steel with a flat gasket.

and so on.  . . .  I'd keep typing but I have to go to a meeting.

If there is further interest I'll type out the rest tommorrow. Let me know.

TTFN

--
Martin Sanderse