Re: keeping my interest

Rick Lucertini wrote:

> > [big snip]

Another big snip of "what to do with the thing"    :)

First, Rick's comment that the issue is a psychological one struck a cord.  In some
private discussions with another list member here we discovered that we are the same
psychological type!

So, that aside, for me, given that my knees hurt when I use flippers, and I HATE being
wet and cold, the obvious choice is something dry, and it might as well be 1 ATM if
going to that trouble.  It's unfortunate that dry=heavy if you want something big enough
to allow you the room to scratch yourself.

The second issue is whether or not it ought to be slow or fast.  Doing surveys of large
areas or "exploring the waterways" imply speed and freedom from a support vessel.  This
limits manuverability in poking around individual wrecks.  However, something very good
at poking around wrecks, (the classic Cousteau diving Saucer come to mind) has a limited
speed and range.

Third, how deep?  Well, as deep as possible, of course, and I guess that's a question of
how much money and/or skill you have.

So, in the experience of those with subs, or those who have settled on a design, what
has been more useful?  Speed and autonomy, or manuverability for "close in" work?

--
Martin Sanderse